Friday, March 26, 2010

Post Ten: Group Project

Throughout the semester, the students in my English 104 class have been given time to work in small established groups. In our group, we have used this opportunity to get to know each other and have spent a good deal of time talking and evaluating each other's written works. I believe that the members of our group (Valerie, Dan, Matt, and myself) have developed a good working relationship and think that this has helped us achieve our primary goal (to conduct a field study and develop a class presentation based on the information we gathered).

Yesterday, it was our turn to speak to the class about what we found concerning student library use. The delivery of information went well and I believe that we all felt a great sense of relief after it was over. During the presentation, some members (including myself) ran a few seconds short on the time parameter while other team members, went slightly over. Fortunately, the total time we spoke seemed to be very close to our over-all targeted time limit. I am pleased with how our program unfolded. The material was organized and each member was prepared in advance to say something unique.

Other groups in the classroom also chose the library as their field study topic. It was interesting to hear what they had to say, and I found myself internally comparing and contrasting their findings with ours. I was also amazed by the different questions that other groups asked while conducting research at the library. I can honesty say that I was not bored during their presentations(even though this was where we conducted our investigation) and have acquired new knowledge about Bracken Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment